You’ve heard of it, but have you taken the time to investigate? You think your current internet strategies are working fine? Don’t kid yourself. Google+ is important to your business. Don’t miss out!
Why Google+ is Important to Your Business
Consider these facts:
- Most buyers (as many as 90%) search the internet before making a purchase.
- The Google search engine looks first within its own universe: A Google+ business page increases your chances of being found.
- Google is the leading internet search engine. It won’t pay to ignore it.
- Google reports that 300 million people, globally, visit Google+ each month. That number doesn’t match Facebook’s, but it handily beats Twitter. And Google+ users are loyal to their network—that’s something you can build on.
- Google+ gives your online presence an added boost—and that helps your business rank higher in search engine results.
What is Google+?
Google+ is the second-largest social media site in the world. Powered by Google, the search engine giant, the network is a key player in online marketing.
Here’s how it works:
- Businesses create pages and use them to build relationships with prospects and customers.
- Individual users can add your brand to their “Circles” of friends and acquaintances, thereby encouraging interactive exposure to your product.
- The “Hangout” feature adds video conferencing to further engage with fans, prospects and customers.
Why Does It Matter?
It’s important that you keep up with what matters—and, right now, Google+ matters.
- Search engines crawl through digital libraries to find you. Your Google+ profile and associated postings help you build and expand your library.
- To keep its findings relevant, Google changes and updates its search algorithms constantly. If you are counting on SEO (search engine optimization), you are aiming at a moving target.
- Don’t waste resources on creating Keywords. They have a short shelf life in the continually changing Google universe. By expanding content and connections in Google+, you build staying power that keeps up with the busy flow of information.
- Google+ is the new search engine traffic cop, and it’s got clout! Use Google+ to build influence and boost your position in search results. The greater your presence, the easier it will be for your customers and prospects to find you!
Click here to get help from Google and begin building your Google+ business page today!
Now that you understand why Google+ is important to your business, it’s time to plan how you can leverage it for your own success. If you or your marketing team needs coaching to develop a Google+ presence, we can help! Contact Walker-Stanley Communications to learn how to make Google+ an integral part of your online strategy.
Tricia Akins is director of Walker-Stanley Communications. The company develops integrated marketing plans that drive growth for small and mid-sized businesses. Tricia has over 20 years of corporate marketing and communications experience which she leverages to help B2B clients optimize their online presence to digitally attract their target market and generate website traffic and leads. Tricia can be contacted at [email protected] or 720.218.0370.